Manboy Exchanges with Japan

Monday, May 08, 2006

Welcome Orientation Meeting 歓迎されたオリエンテーションの会合

Our first orientation meeting was at the end of last week. We were first warmly welcomed by the Mayor, followed by meeting Chaperone team leader Wayne and fellow chaperones Yoko and Kym. Ian who has been to Japan many times spoke and so did Joan Thorburn OAM, the Chairperson of the Sister Cities Committee.

There were speeches about Japanese culture and customs and we were reminded to take lots of new socks, preferably brown or black because holey old socks will leave an undesirable impression of Australia and it's citizens.

After speeches I found my Japanese teacher Ms Hyasaka and met a few other students. I knew Matt who I haven't seen since Primary School. There were refreshments in the foyer afterwards, I ate tim-tams!

Next meeting is this week already. We have to prepare a photo album to take.

Found a link which could be handy Sydney Consulate-General of Japan.

私達の最初オリエンテーションの会合は先週の終わりにあった。暖かく市長によって歓迎された私達は第1 Chaperone のチームリーダーウェイン及び日本へ何回もずっとスポークである続き、従ってしたchaperones Yoko 及びKym. イアンに会うことによってJoan Thorburn OAM の姉妹都市委員会の議長を。 日本文化についてのスピーチがあり、holey 古いソックスがオーストラリアの望ましくない印象を去り、それが市民であるので新しいソックスの多くを取るために習慣及び私達はできれば茶色か黒い思い出した。 スピーチが私私の日本教師氏を見つけ、Hyasaka 少数の他の学生に会った後。私は私が小学校以来会っていなかったマットを知っていた。foyer に回復が、私食べたtim-tams をその後あった! 次の会合はこの週既にである。私達は取るために写真アルバムを準備しなければならない。 便利であることができるリンクを見つけた Sydney Consulate-General of Japan.

I know how to write Yoko and Hyasaka in Japanese but Babelfish doesn't! My keyboard is in English ....